Creating a Community Based Safety Net for Deprived Children through Education and Protection in Uttar Dinajpur district of West Bengal
Objectives: To ensure elementary education along with ICT based learning inputs to out of school girls and boys between 6 to 14 years in the selected villages of Goalpokhor – I block .. more
- To provide children with life skills support in both urban slums & rural communities towards preparing them to prevent early marriage and trafficking.
- To capacitate parents to deal effectively with their children infected and affected by HIV /AIDS.
- To operate a Rescue Centre in Raiganj for children being rescued through Childline services for short term care & support.
- To sensitize parents, community leaders, police and local self government on ill effects of early marriage & trafficking and establish community level child protection committees.
- To ensure community based child tracking mechanism by involving the local administration, police, schools and communities.